Cumulative Volume Indicator helps traders to monitor the market volumes so that they can determine the strength of the current market trends. Unlike other volume indicators, it uses its own oscillator window that clearly distinguishes the difference between buying and selling force of the market.
Cumulative Volume Indicator applies a very simple method to demonstrate the volume status of the market thus, it can be used by traders with any level of experience. Moreover, this volume tool can be applied to all kinds of forex currency pairs including multiple time frame charts.
After the installation of the indicator at the MT4 terminal, your chart will appear like the image below:
Cumulative Volume Indicator: Interpretation
Cumulative Volume Indicator counts the past 21-day period of data to make a comparison of the bullish vs bearish force of the market. However, the length period can be changed or modified at any time according to your requirements.
Volume bars turn positive means the demand is greater than the supply and buyers are in control of the market. On the other hand, the negative volume represents a greater supply of the particular financial asset compared to its demands and confirms the bearish strength of the current market trend.
Cumulative: Buy Rules
- Cumulative Volume Indicator plots positive volume bars
- The price bar closes as a bullish bar at the same time
- Buy triggers when the above conditions are met
- Set stop loss below the current low of the market
- Exit long/take profit whenever the volume indicator plots negative volume bars
Cumulative: Sell Rules
- The Indicator plots negative volume bars
- The price bar closes as a bearish bar at the same time
- Sell triggers when the above conditions are met
- Set stop loss above the current high of the market
- Exit short/take profit whenever the volume indicator plots positive volume bars